At the meeting of 10 October 2018 the RMA:
Determined Statements of Principles (SOPs) for:
|moderate to severe traumatic brain injury||94/2018||95/2018|
|human T-cell lymphotropic virus type-1 infection||96/2018||97/2018|
These SOPs revoke the SOPs previously determined for these conditions.
Determined Amendment Statements of Principles (SOPs) for:
The above SOPs take effect from 26 November 2018.
An amendment was determined for the Reasonable Hypothesis SOP No. 67 of 2013 concerning motor neurone disease. This Amendment SOP No. 99 of 2018 takes effect from 21 June 2018, and corrects an error involving a cross-reference to a factor in the SOP.
Summary of Changes
Decided to Undertake Consultation regarding:
|Condition||Reasons for Decision||Date for Final Decision|
|Alzheimer-type dementia||Intention to remove one or more factors||February 2019|
|blepharitis||Intention to remove one or more factors||February 2019|
|chronic pruritus ani||Intention to remove one or more factors||February 2019|
Finalised Declaration for:
|Condition||Declaration||Reasons for Decision|
The Authority declares that it does not propose to amend Statement of Principles concerning migraine No. 8 of 2018 by inclusion of a factor relating to exposure to head trauma. The Authority proposes to amend Statement of Principles No. 7 of 2018 concerning migraine by inserting new factors in subsections 9(2a) and 9(4a) concerning head trauma.
The Authority does not propose to make Statements of Principles in respect of xerostomia.
The above determinations conclude the previously advertised investigations into:
- non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- moderate to severe traumatic brain injury
- human T-cell lymphotropic virus type-1 infection
- migraine (focussed review - head trauma)
Note: please see Declaration concerning xerostomia above.
Decided to advertise the following investigations:
- obstructive and reflux nephropathy
- malignant neoplasm of the nasopharynx
- irritable bowel syndrome
- acoustic neuroma
- subdural haematoma (focussed review - anticoagulant drugs )
- retinal vascular occlusive disease
- acute pancreatitis
- extrinsic allergic alveolitis
- diabetes mellitus
- sprain and strain
- malignant neoplasm of the renal pelvis and ureter
- multiple sclerosis
- renal artery atherosclerotic disease
- chronic pancreatitis
- malignant neoplasm of bone and articular cartilage
- photocontact dermatitis
- irritant contact dermatitis
- allergic contact dermatitis
- patellar tendinopathy
- spinal adhesive arachnoiditis
- malignant neoplasm of the bladder
- subdural haematoma
The above investigation notices appear in the Government Notices Gazette of 6 November 2018.